Homosalate is an organic compound used in some sunscreens. It is made by the Fischer–Speier esterification of salicylic acid and
3,3,5-trimethylcyclohexanol, the latter being a hydrogenated derivative of isophorone. Contained in 45% of U.S. sunscreens, it is
used as a chemical UV filter.
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY||1.049-110 %|
|REFRACTIVE INDEX @ 20°C||1.516-1.519|
|ELEMENTAL IMPURITIES||AS REPORTED|
|IDENTIFICATION||TO PASS TEST|
|APPEARANCE||COLORLESS TRANSPARENT LIQUID|
|RESIDUAL SOLVENTS||TO PASS TEST|
1.It is used as an UV-B absorbing agent in sunscreen creams, lotions , lipsticks and sun oils.
2. It is a highly effective UV-B filter (max = 315-290 nm).
3. This ingredient in small concentrations also is very effective for cosmetic sun-care
4.formulations to achieve a high sun protection factor value.
5.It has excellent photo-stability and compatibility with other UV absorbers and also it protects against free radicals.
6.Its polar nature gives it good affinity to the keratin in the skin.
7.Its formulations are water resistant as it is water insoluble.
8. good light stability, can maintain for a long time
9. can promote SPF value of UVB sunscreen
10. Have strong protection for free radical produced by ultraviolet radiation.
1. It is an oil-soluble UVB mothproofing agent, suitable for water-resistant formula.
2. Protect the skin from UVB radiation and reduce the long-term harmful effects of exposure to sunlight.
3. It is a good solvent for crystalline oil-soluble UV antifoaming agents such as Sunsafe-MBC, Susafe-BP3, and Sunsafe-ABZ.
Hot tags: Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-, 3,3,5-trimethylcyclohexyl ester;component of Coppertone;Coppertone;Filtersol ''A'';Filtrosol A;Homosalat;Kemester HMS;m-Homomenthyl salicylate;homosalate in sunscreen; homosalate in skin care;homosalate for skin; homosalate supplier; homosalate manufacturer; homosalate factory